I hope that you had a great weekend and are ready to kick off a new week on a high note!
A shopping trip at a local mall in Omaha inspired me to create today’s post. I’ve noticed a few new trends for this new year and wanted to share them with you! It’s hard to believe that stores are already displaying their new arrivals for spring with the cold weather/snow we’ve had in Nebraska. I stopped in Old Navy, H&M, DSW, and Von Maur for some retail therapy today. Each store had unique displays that caught my eye. Ever since my days spent working in retail, I’ve always admired retailers who are experts with their fashion merchandising!
Trends to look out for in 2019:
- Prints: The snakeskin print is sure making a comeback. I’ve seen it on tops, dresses, and shoes.
- Animal print (such as leopard print) is also huge, too.
- Trends: Leather and faux leather is a stylish trend that goes beyond just outerwear. I’ve always loved leather skirts! Black, white, brown, and red are great colors to choose from.
- Colors: Beige is quite popular in the winter months, but can be easily worn throughout the year. Neons and pastels are also trendy. Color-blocking is also another option!
- Styles: “Utility chic dressing” is a fancy term for wearing utility skirts, tops, and jumpsuits.
- Suits and suit jackets are also stylish.
- Statement earrings – I especially love tortoise colored statement earrings!!
- Velvet tops and pants
You can shop what’s on trend below!
Thanks for reading. What is your favorite trend for 2019? Let me know by leaving a comment.